Are you ready for Christmas?
If you’re like me than the answer is NO!!
With only two weeks before the big day – here are a few things you can do around the house to get ready for the big man in the red suit and to get your family feeling the Christmas spirit.
· Decorate the house – inside and out with lights, greenery and festive figurines
· Put up the Christmas tree and hang stockings
· Mail Christmas cards
· Check out and visit local Christmas events
· Read Christmas stories – my favorites are The Night Before Christmas and A Christmas Carol
· Sing and dance to Christmas songs
· Ice skating – even if you can barely balance on those skates. It’s always a great time!
· Gift shopping – yes, there is still time to order online and get everything delivered in time
· Bake Christmas Cookies – if you’re not a great baker (me!) – you can always buy plain sugar cookie and have fun decorating them
· Drink hot chocolate – bonus points for throwing in some mini marshmallows!! Yum!
· Watch Christmas movies – I love watching Scrooge, Miracle on 34th Street and It’s a Wonderful Life
· Decorate a gingerbread house
· Drive around and look at Christmas lights